Student Advisory Board
Would you like to be recognized as an expert? Would you enjoy connecting with other students to make a positive impact on your community? If so, becoming a member of WHRO Education's Student Advisory Board (SAB) may be the perfect volunteer opportunity for you.
WHRO's SAB is a diverse group of 9th-12th grade high school students that share their perspectives about online course content and their online learning experiences. Ultimately, the SAB has the opportunity to create content that is distributed in WHRO's online courses and the state-wide digital learning repository, eMediaVASM.
The SAB meets in person. Our first meeting is scheduled for October 21, 2023, at WHRO from 9:00 am – 11:00 am.
We are looking for more high school students who:
- are enrolled in an HRETA owner-member school division
- have taken or is currently taking an online course (An online course refers to students being physically distanced from their teacher but learning online using a device, the Internet, web conferencing, and a variety of software programs);
- exhibit commitment to education and positive communication skills;
- can collaborate effectively with peers in person and online;
- have transportation to get to in-person meetings and activities;
- can commit to three meetings between October 2023 and April 2024; and
- can provide constructive feedback about WHRO online content.
Selected SAB members will receive an honorarium following each meeting through $25 gift cards. Additionally, volunteer hours can be acquired toward graduation.
The work of the SAB has allowed WHRO to meet better the needs of the audience of our online content. WHRO values the SAB's perspectives and voice. Watch this video to hear how the students feel about this new initiative:
If you are interested in applying to be a member of the SAB, complete the online application. Applications will be accepted until October 6, 2023.