Student Advisory Board
Would you like to be recognized as an expert? Would you enjoy connecting with other students to make a positive impact on your community? If so, becoming a member of WHRO Education's Student Advisory Board (SAB) may be the perfect volunteer opportunity for you.
The SAB members share their perspectives about online course content and their online learning experiences. They also have the opportunity to create content that is distributed in WHRO's online courses and the state-wide digital learning repository, eMediaVASM. View this video to learn more.
We are looking to add 9th grade students to our existing team. Candidates should:
• be enrolled in a HRETA owner-member school division;
• exhibit a commitment to education and positive communication skills;
• be able to collaborate effectively with peers in person and online;
• have transportation to get to in-person meetings and activities;
• commit to one meeting each month (October and November 2022, January, March and May 2023); and
• provide constructive feedback about WHRO online content.
Selected SAB members will receive an honorarium following each meeting through $25 gift cards. Additionally, volunteer hours can be acquired toward graduation. To apply, access the online application. You will be asked to upload a simple one-minute video about why you would like to be a part of this group.