- Written by Rebecca Evans
- Category: Opening Night with Rebecca Evans
- Published: 06 September 2019
Fall marks the beginning of our official arts season in Hampton Roads and we’re excited to launch a new review schedule. Moving forward, “Opening Night” will air Sundays at 10 AM following performances, offering you a fresher, timelier take on our region’s best cultural offerings.
This fall, you can hear reviews of:
- Virginia Symphony Orchestra’s opening night, Rachmaninoff and Ravel (airing September 15)
- Virginia Stage Company’s production of the musical Guys and Dolls (airing September 22)
- Virginia Opera’s production of Puccini’s classic opera Tosca (airing October 6)
- Virginia Symphony Orchestra’s Brahms + Pulitzer Prize Winning Composer, featuring Brahms’s 4th Symphony along with music by Caroline Shaw (airing October 27)
- Virginia Opera’s production of the contemporary Spanish opera Il Postino (The Postman), based on the 1994 Oscar-winning film (airing November 10)
In addition to quicker reviews, we’ll be increasing our pre-performance coverage of the diverse arts organizations across our community, including the Generic Theater, Push Comedy Theater, Norfolk Chamber Consort, Norfolk State University, Little Theatre of Norfolk, and more. We’re excited for this season’s shows and the wonder, intrigue, and fun in store; stay tuned for insights into some of our most creative minds and communities.
Meanwhile, see you at “Opening Night!”