What You Missed On 'Bird Notes' During The Holidays
- Written by Belinda Elliott
- Category: Featured - Radio
- Published: 05 January 2021
One of our most popular programs that people enjoy listening to on demand is Bird Notes, produced by WHRO FM’s Dwight Davis. The classical music announcer and nature enthusiast has been producing the program for nearly 30 years. Episodes share interesting tidbits and bird-themed reflections while drawing from literature, poetry, history or music. The short features can be about almost any aspect of bird life, from migration to coloration to birds in art or song.
In his most recent episodes, Dwight has shared on these interesting topics:
- Exploring sexual dimorphism in the bird community.
- Recounting the controversial election that led to the awarding of New Zealand’s Bird of the Year.
- Giving awards for Eastern Virginia birds of magnificent color.
- Sharing the sacred history of the Glossy Ibis.
- Identifying the species of bird that tends to hang out most in parking lots.
Have you listened to Bird Notes lately? If not, you're missing a wealth of information on our feathered friends living just outside our kitchen window. Catch up today.
Want to learn more about the history of Bird Notes?
Read about the program's beginning.