- Written by Heather Mazzoni
- Category: Uncategorised
- Published: 15 May 2019
As we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the moon landing we’d love to hear your memories!
July 20, 2019 marks the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing. WHRO is celebrating the anniversary by collecting memories from the Hampton Roads community. We will share these through our broadcast and social channels and archive the memories for future generations.
1. Craft Your Memory
Where were you when you first heard an astronaut had landed on the moon? How old were you? Did you ever think we would make it to the moon? When you record your memory, just be yourself and be sure to follow the rules below.
- Please tell us your first name (last name is optional) and city where you live.
- Your memory should be no longer than 2 minutes.
- Please include your name, phone number or email address so that we can thank you!
2. Submit Your Memory
There are a couple of different ways to submit your memory:
- Voicemail: Prepare your memory, find a quiet spot, then leave it in a voicemail at 757-889-9111.
3. Hear Your Memory
If we select your memory to be on the air, we want you to know about it!
- We will contact you via e-mail if your testimonial is going to be broadcast on air or shared on social media.