Beet, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Written by Srisivaa Karri
- Category: Lets Eat
- Published: 29 August 2017
Beets and pears are in-season at the moment! So enjoy this fresh summer salad that is sure to please everyone.
Beet, Pear and Goat Cheese Salad Recipe:
Prep time: 35 Minutes
Total time: 1 Hour, 35 Minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 recipe Basic Roasted Beets
- 2 firm ripe Bartlett pears, peeled, halved lengthwise, cored, and sliced 1/4 inch thick lengthwise
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans or walnuts coarsely chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together juice, vinegar, oil, and mustard; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange beets and pears on four serving plates. Drizzle with dressing. Scatter cheese and nuts over, and season with more pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Roasted Beets: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wrap 1 pound (about 5) small, well-scrubbed beets in 2 or 3 packets of foil. Place on a baking sheet; bake until beets are slightly soft to the touch, 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on their size. Cool beets in packets, then rub off skins (use a paring knife for tough spots) and cut into wedges.