- Written by Nisa Burns Cochran
- Category: Lets Eat
- Published: 01 April 2015
This sandwich recipe, featuring brie, bacon and apple butter, takes the classic grilled cheese to a whole new level of decadence and deliciousness. It’s a fancy twist on a comfort food classic that pairs well with a light and fresh salad or a cup of creamy vegetable soup.
- 2 thick slices artisan white bread
- 2 thin slices brie cheese, rind cut off
- 2 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 Tbsp apple butter
- Butter, as needed
- Cook bacon till crispy, and then set aside.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- In a large pan, place one slice of bread, butter side down. Top with apple butter, brie cheese, and cooked bacon. Then, top with the second slice of bread, butter side up.
- Over medium heat, cook for about 2½ minutes on each side of the sandwich, until bread is golden brown and cheese is fully melted.
Nisa Burns Cochran is a culinary school graduate from the Art Institute of Virginia Beach and the author of Kitchenability 101: The College Student’s Guide to Easy, Healthy and Delicious Food. She shares accessible recipes and tips for new cooks on her blogs at Kitchenability.comand Parade Magazine, and on her YouTube channel.