Atlantic Shores Salmon Pasta Rolls
- Written by Madeline Carey
- Category: Lets Eat
- Published: 11 July 2018
I love summer and being by a body of water is ideal! I go to local farmers markets, and whatever “speaks” to me I use to create a fresh new entree. This recipe is one of my favorites. It’s simple, light and goes great with a nice glass of Chardonnay. No one likes to be in the kitchen all the time, so quick, easy recipes are perfect for this time of year. After enjoying a day out in this beautiful weather, whip up and enjoy this delicious dish!
12 ea Pasta Sheets, 5”x5”
1.5 oz Butter, unsalted
8 oz Onion, white, fine dice
1 ea Garlic, clove, crushed
9 oz Spinach, washed
1 oz Crème Fraîche
1/8 t Nutmeg, fresh, grated
21 oz Salmon Fillet, sliced into 2 oz strips fitting the pasta sheet length
1 oz Flour, All Purpose
13.5 oz Milk, whole
3.5 oz Parmesan Cheese, Grated
1. In a sauce pan bring water that is heavily salted to a boil.
2. Cook the pasta sheets according to the package instructions until they bend. Or if using fresh that is frozen cook until tender.
3. Dip into cold water and lay on a kitchen towel to dry.
4. Take half of the butter and sauté the onion and garlic over a medium heat until soft.
5. Add the spinach and cook until it wilts.
6. Stir in the Crème Fraîche and season with salt, ground pepper and nutmeg.
7. Butter an ovenproof dish.
8. Lay some spinach and a salmon strip on each pasta sheet and roll up to resemble cannelloni.
9. Lay in the dish with the join underneath.
10. Heat the oven to 400F.
11. Melt the remaining butter. Stir in the flour and fry until golden brown, then gradually stir in the milk with a whisk.
13. Stirring continuously bring to a boil and season with salt, ground pepper and nutmeg.
15. Pour the sauce over the pasta rolls and sprinkle with cheese.
16. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the salmon is done and the pasta rolls are lightly browned.