- Written by Kyle Pafford
- Category: Lets Eat
- Published: 12 June 2018
Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers out there! I’d like to share a recipe that was handed down to me from my dad. I have fond memories of waking up and baking this Pumpkin Bread with him on special occasions. My dad was very resourceful, and he also showed me how to re-purpose the pumpkin pie mix can to serve as one of our loaf pans!
Enjoy this recipe and make a batch with your dad—and create lasting memories with your loved ones and family.
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt, kosher
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
• 2 cups sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 15-oz can Pumpkin Pie Mix
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Generously grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans with butter and dust with flour.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk until well combined; set aside.
3. In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until just blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until very light and fluffy, a few minutes. Mix in the pumpkin.
4. Add the flour and mix on low speed until combined.
5. Turn the batter into the prepared pans, dividing evenly, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the loaves cool in the pans for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.