Atlantic Shores Deceptively Decadent Fudge Brownies
- Written by Atlantic Shores Executive Chef Kyle Pafford
- Category: Lets Eat
- Published: 12 February 2018
Looking for a sweet treat that doesn’t ruin your recent New Year’s resolutions to eat healthier? This brownie is one of my favorites. You’ll never know its secret ingredient is black beans, because the consistency is so rich and delicious. Surprise your friends and family with these high fiber, yet decedent delights!
- Black Beans, drained 15 oz
- Egg, whole 3 ea
- Oil 3 Tablespoon
- Extract, Vanilla 1 teaspoon
- Cocoa Powder 1/4 cup
- Sugar, Granulated (can substitute honey) 2/3 cup
- Baking Powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt, Kosher 1/4 teaspoon
- Chocolate Chips 1/2 cup
1. Put drained beans into a blender, and puree until it becomes a smooth consistency.
2. Mix in eggs, oil and vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl mix the following; cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt. Once mixed, slowly incorporate the dry mixture with the egg mixture.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour into a greased pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cooled, drizzle with ganache, cut and enjoy.