- Written by Shareen Nicholson
- Category: Lets Eat
- Published: 13 September 2017
These Lasagna rolls are perfectly portioned for a nice family dinner. Quick, easy, and on your table in no time.
Recipe courtesy of PBS Foods
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5.3 ounces (150 grams) lasagna noodles (8 sheets 3x7-inch noodles)
- 2 1/2 cups meat sauce
- 8.8 ounces (250 grams) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1.8 ounces (50 grams) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large pot of salted boiling water and boil the noodles for for about 30% less time than the full cooking time on the package says. For example, my noodles call for cooking them 12 minute to be fully cooked, I cooked them for 8 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and rinse with cold water to chill enough to handle.
- On a clean work surface (I used some plastic wrap on the counter), lay out all the lasagna and divide the meat sauce evenly between all of them.
- Reserve about 1/3 of each kind of cheese to sprinkle on top, and then divide the mozzarella and parmesan between the sheets of pasta.
- Gently roll the pasta up, being careful not to squeeze out all of the sauce. Using a spatula can help with this.
- Place the rolls on an oiled baking sheet.
- Spoon the tomato sauce evenly over the rolls making sure to cover every outside surface, especially the edges. Missing spots will result in the noodles getting tough.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.