Turn On the Grill for Curry Lamb
- Written by Shareen Nicholson
- Category: Lets Eat
- Published: 06 September 2017
These simple lamb chops are rubbed in garlic and curry powder, which brings forward the lamb’s mouthwatering umami, while smoothing over its more pungent flavors. Grilling them gives these chops a stunning golden crust, that fills the air with the hunger-inducing aroma of a rich curry.
- Rub the lamb chops with the garlic and vegetable oil to coat evenly.
- Mix the curry powder, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl to combine evenly.
- Sprinkle the curry mixture evenly over every surface of the lamb chops.
- Heat a grill or grill pan until hot.
- Stack the lamb chops up so that the side with the fat lines up along one side.
- Place the stacked lamb chops so that the side with the fat is up against the grill. Hold the chops in place with tongs on the grill until the fat side is browned and crisp.
- Once the fat side has browned. Lay the chops flat on one side and let them sear until they have deep brown grill marks.
- Flip the lamb chops over and grill until the second side has grill marks. If you like your chops medium rare, you can take them off the grill now, otherwise, flip the chops over once more and continue grilling until they reach your desired doneness.