WHRO Classical Open Mic at the Chrysler Museum, Sept. 24
- Written by Belinda Elliott
- Category: Events
WHRO Classical Open Mic
Saturday, September 24 | 2-4 p.m.
Chrysler Museum of Art, Contemporary Galleries
One Memorial Place, Norfolk, Virginia 23510
We're delighted to partner with the Chrysler Museum of Art again to bring our Classical Open Mic to their Contemporary Galleries. Join us for a fun, casual afternoon celebrating the vibrancy of our local classical music community.
- Classical musicians of all ages are invited to perform a solo or chamber work (and listeners are always welcome, too!)
- Please tell us your name, instrument, and the title, composer, and length of the piece you want to play (10 minutes max).
- A keyboard will be available for use; you will need to bring your own pianist.
- Music stands will be provided.
Q: Do I have to sign up ahead of time?
A: No, you are welcome to show up that night and see if we have room on the schedule. We do tend to fill up, so if you’d like to make sure you get to play, we recommend signing up in advance!
Q: Is this open to music students?
A: Yes! All classical musicians are welcome to participate, from young students to professionals.
Q: What if I’m not a musician?
A: Come and listen! Enjoy a relaxed evening of great music and show your support for our wonderful local performers.
Q: Is this a kid-friendly/family-friendly event?
A: Yes! We ask that you give the musicians your attention and try to discourage excessive noise, but children are welcome.
Q: Is there an admission charge?
A: No! This event is free and open to all, made possible by the support of WHRO members.