Announcing the 2021-2022 eMediaVA Ambassadors Program!
- Written by Lindsey Horner
- Category: Kids & Family
- Published: 22 March 2021
The eMediaVA Ambassadors program will bring together a community of 10-15 Virginia PreK-12th grade educators to advise and promote eMediaVA content and programs. The Ambassadors will represent divisions from around Virginia, as well as varied content areas and grade levels. The Ambassador program creates opportunities for teachers to share strategies, create supporting activities for eMediaVA content, and leverage eMediaVA resources to elevate their own voices and ideas. PreK-12 educators in public or private schools in Virginia are encouraged to apply.
eMediaVA Ambassadors will be selected for their ability to integrate media and digital technology into their learning environments, inspiring students to use media and emerging technologies. Ambassadors should also utilize eMediaVA content on a regular basis and be familiar with eMediaVA features. Learn more about expectations, deliverables, and incentives below!
As an eMediaVA Ambassador, educators will:
- Be eMediaVA experts! Ambassadors will utilize eMediaVA content with students 2-3 times a month to ensure you keep up-to-date with new content and eMediaVA features.
- Share ideas with Virginia teachers! Ambassadors will craft 3-4 articles a year for the eMediaVA blog on how they’re using eMediaVA content in the classroom and general tips on edtech and pedagogy.
- Ambassadors will also be expected to post in the eMediaVA Teachers Facebook group and facilitate discussion throughout the school year.
- Create content! Co-host webinars and trainings with eMediaVA staff for Virginia educators, and present on eMediaVA at conferences and for school divisions.
- Grow professionally! Connect with fellow eMediaVA Ambassadors and impact teachers and students across Virginia.
Why you should apply:
- A yearly stipend of $500, and eMediaVA promotional materials and swag sent to you throughout the year.
- Co-present at professional conferences on eMediaVA, and have your conference fees covered.
- Contribute to and shape the largest digital media content library for Virginia teachers and students.
- Elevate your voice as an educator thought-leader and collaborate with teacher-leaders across the state.
- Build your resume as an Ambassador, by publishing articles and creating supplemental content in eMediaVA.
Deliverables for the 2021-2022 school year will include:
- Meet quarterly with eMediaVA staff to discuss Facebook, blog, and webinar schedule, as applicable.
- Advise on areas of content acquisition focus, including suggestions on new partners.
- Produce 3-4 articles a year for the eMediaVA blog, on using specific eMediaVA resources in the classroom, or on general pedagogy and technology.
Post and lead discussions in the eMediaVA Facebook group for Virginia educators 2-3 times a month.
- Co-host webinars, trainings, and conferences with eMediaVA staff on an as-needed basis.
- Create activities and discussion questions for WHRO and eMediaVA content on an as-needed basis.